Thursday, June 10, 2010

House of Mirrors

I was recently told that a haircut would be a good idea. I'm not saying that he or she isn't right, but hair can be a beautiful thing. I'd go so far as to say that my hair is a work of art. As the owner of my hair, I think I know what I'm doing. If a change needs to be made, I will be the one to make it. You don't see anyone telling Da Vinci to put Ms. Lisa in a pastel blouse. Nor do you hear the people demanding that The Beatles remake "Hey Jude" to become "Hi Lily" -- just isn't going to happen. But I'll be honest, I've been considering getting a haircut for a while and I kind of want to make it short. With that being said, I'd like to take a walk down memory lane with some people who have shared my various cuts.Special thanks to Will Friedle, Hilary Clinton, Barry Melrose and Martha Plimpton of Goonies.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

This makes me happy. I love hair so much too. What is sooo evil about hair that makes people want you to cut it?! I just don't know.

Unknown said...

I'm not as intense as Kevin about hair in general, but I'll admit there's nothing I love more than Mikey's hair. Running my fingers through it is a favorite past time of mine.

Adam Ellis said...

Hi, Lily, don't rake it, lad.
Make a rad gong in lakes of wa-a-a-ter.
Dismember two lettuce grafts in the park,
When Toucans falter, then make it pepper.